OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware ipv6 support

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

Today is the big day, my isp got acquired by a bigger one 1 year ago and today my line got migrated.
    So whats the big deal?
    The new ISP is using CGN, so the only option i have is to use ipv6 to reach things at home.
    Actually it sounds nice to have real ipv6 available, but looks like opengarage and opensprinkler are not ready for it?

Any chance to get ipv6 support?
    I just installed both and now i am a bit disappointed.

Thanks

Florian

spikebike
    Participant

Seems like not a particularly good idea. At least by default SSL isn’t supported. So you want to send plain text over IPv6 to control your garage door?

I was thinking of writing a small proxy that could support IPv6, SSL, and be secure/robust enough to be Internet facing. Similarly I’m pondering an android app, but I want it to be self hosting. I’d rather not depend on IFTTT or Blynk and worry about downtime, billing changes, bankruptcy, changes to pricing model, being hacked, etc.

I’ve been trying to get MQTT to do something, but so far I’ve got it to connect, but not log anything of interest. Still digging around for docs or examples.

spikebike
    Participant

Correction, another post had an example and I now get push updates on door position via MQTT:
    $ mosquitto_sub -v -t “myog/OUT/STATE”
    myog/OUT/STATE CLOSED
    myog/OUT/STATE OPEN
    myog/OUT/STATE OPEN
    myog/OUT/STATE CLOSED

Ray
    Keymaster

@florian.zahn: for OpenGarage, since it supports Blynk, you shouldn’t need to use port forwarding so ipv6 doesn’t really matter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware ipv6 support