OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App Upcoming 2.0 release of OpenGarage app

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Samer
    Keymaster

Hello everyone,

We’ve been working on the next major update for the app and I can happily say it is ready and should be live early next week. This version adds a lot of major functions but the most important is geofence support. This means the app can notify you and even open/close your garage as you enter and leave defined areas. We also added cloud sync to securely sync your OpenGarage units across devices. Many more things were added but another cool item is garage photos (shown below). Check out the screenshots below.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Samer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bdorring
    Participant

Looking forward to it.

DynamoBen
    Participant

So if two users have the app and control the same door how does the geofencing work? First person to leave the fence closes the door or both users must leave?

Ray
    Keymaster

My understanding from talking to Samer is that the geofence does not actually trigger any garage door action (because the plugin he is using does not support triggering action). It does send you a notification that you are within some certain range to the garage door, and you can then trigger door action if you want.

DynamoBen
    Participant

Ah OK that helps, thanks!

Samer
    Keymaster

I am working on resolving this and should have it fully working. In development it worked but the release did not. Sorry for the delay but should hopefully have an update for this soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgomez3159
    Participant

When you say OpenGarage app, are you referring to the firmware? I just updated my OpenGarage firmware to V 1.0.5. I am using Blynk as my cloud/mobile app. I noticed that the Blynk push notifications stopped working. When the garage state changes (open to closed) with ver 1.0.4, Blynk sent a notification to my phone indicating such. Now, however, this feature stopped working. Is this related to the firmware upgrade

DynamoBen
    Participant

He means phone app which can be found on Google Play or Apple App Store.

If you have having issues with Blynk I would suggest starting a new thread so others can help troubleshoot.

rgomez3159
    Participant

Yes thanks .. I figured that out after I posted.

Thanks for making the app.

I have two OpenGarage controllers and would like to be able to control them from the lock screen on my android phone as well as from my wife’s phone. A lock screen control means that the garages could be opened from phones with minimal interruption to safe driving.

Is there any chance of adding this functionality?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App Upcoming 2.0 release of OpenGarage app