OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions Red light?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Chad
    Participant

I’ve been having trouble recently (not sure how long its been) where my OpenGarage device no longer triggers opening or closing my garage door (it does the pre-beeping, so I know it is being signaled properly). I’ve noticed that there is a red light on the device. I’m not sure what this means. Ideas?

Chad
    Participant

Update: I somehow managed to fiddle enough with the wires and push the button on the device enough to fix it. However, I’m still baffled as to what the LED signifies. I’d love some explanation of that.

Ray
    Keymaster

Depending on the version of your OpenGarage — earlier batches had an LED indicator light, mainly used during setup to indicate whether the controller is in AP mode or Station mode. Later the indicator light is removed since ESP8266 WiFi module itself has a blue LED.

Chad
    Participant

I don’t know what version mine is. It’s only about a year old. Here’s a pic. It’s running 1.0.8.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ray
    Keymaster

You can try to unplug and plug back in the USB cable — at powerup it tries to determine the polarity of the LED and occasionally the polarity detection doesn’t work so the logic the LED is reversed. But as I said, it does not affect the functionality of the controller, just that the LED logic is reversed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions Red light?