OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Random distance sensor readings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AndyC
    Participant

Got around to installing over the weekend.

The distance sensor seems to have a bit of a mind of its own. It can accurately read the distance for several hours, then goes into a fit, bouncing between actual distance and then some random value typically between 40-300 cm. Usually a reboot fixes this for a while..

I’ve played with the distance read time, varying between the default of 500ms, up to 1500ms, but it doesn’t make a difference.

I’m using the supplied power adapter, as I’ve seen other posts related to power supply issues, so assume it’s not related to that.

Thanks.

AndyC
    Participant

I’ve swapped out power supply and removed the cover to see if this made a difference and still get the random readings which occur over a period of around an hour, every 12 hours or so.

Any suggestions or advice? Is this a bad unit?

A sample log is attached.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by AndyC.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ray
    Keymaster

I suggest that you submit a support ticket so we can arrange to get it back to us for some testing. It could be the problem of the distance sensor, or maybe some other sources in your garage that interferes with the ultrasonic sensing.

AndyC
    Participant

Thanks. How do you register to be able to submit a ticket. I can’t see a registration option.

Opengarageio
    Participant

Could you install the opengarage somewhere else, like a bedroom aimed at a wall and see if the fault still occurs? That would confirm or rule out an interference issue.

Ray
    Keymaster

You can use your opensprinkler.com account to log in. Or you can log in by using your Gmail or social media account such as facebook or twitter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Random distance sensor readings