OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions Push Button Inactive

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Brad44
    Participant

Hi,

My garage door pushbutton is inactive when open garage is wired in parallel. As soon as I pull the open garage wires pushbutton works again.

Thoughts?

Brad

Ray
    Keymaster

I can’t think of any reason. The OpenGarage wires are connected to the internal relay, which is in open circuit state unless if the relay is activated. I can’t imagine how two open circuit wires will affect your door pushbutton.

nnichols
    Participant

I was actually getting ready to start a thread about this same thing.

Occasionally the garage door will be opened via the standard RF remote. We’ll try the push button in the garage, which is just a switch using the same terminals as the opengarage unit. The physical button will not work. I then open the iOS Blynk app, and I’ll find the BUTTON widget solid orange and in the ON state. I then click the button and the issue is resolved. The physical push button will then work again.

It appears that the relay is staying closed, but I’m not sure how it even got into that state in the first place.

Running firmware 1.06.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ray
    Keymaster

If in the Blynk app the button shows as solid orange when you click it and does not turn back to hollow, then it has to do with the Blynk button setting. This may have been due to a Blynk import bug. To fix it, stop the Blynk project first (by clicking on the square stop button on the top right). Then click on the button to see its settings. The button should be set as ‘Push’ and NOT ‘switch’. That should fix this issue.

nnichols
    Participant

The clicking of the solid orange button in the Blynk app does successfully turn it hollow, and in turns fixes the issue with the relay being stuck closed. I checked the app, and it is in fact set to “push”. I normally do not use the Blynk app. My family either uses standard RF remotes or the iOS OpenGarage app on iPhones.

farrow
    Participant

I have the same issue, when using open garage firmware 1.05 I notice that the buttons on the cars have to be pushed for longer or multiple times before the garage door will open. Any ideas please?

Ray
    Keymaster

Do you use the Blynk app? If so, check if the yellow button in the Blynk app is solid on. If so that means the button is in ‘Switch mode’. You can follow my previous messages above to change it back to ‘Push’ mode.

farrow
    Participant

I use homeassistant with my garage opener.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions Push Button Inactive