OpenGarage Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Pins for additional remote distance sensor?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

EH
    Participant

It would be great if OG had pins available for an additional remote distance sensor in order to detect a partially open door or if anything is in the way of the door closing (for safer auto-close).

I’d like to have a second distance sensor to side-mount that aims across the doorway, so that it can detect an obstruction that would prevent the auto-close from triggering. It could also be used to send alerts if there is motion in/out of the door, and to reset the auto-close timer as long as there was recent activity.

This could also be potentially solved if the unit had pins to hook into the opener via the wired interface rather than wireless, since it could use the openers own safety sensors to detect motion or an obstruction, but I haven’t been able to locate any documentation on how the new Security+ wired serial protocol works. Doing it that way would be even better because it could also close the door on the newer Security+ models without having to use a Security+ wireless module to do that. Does anyone know where to find docs on interfacing with the *wired* Security+ serial protocol? The one the add-on panels like the 880LM uses to do the extra features like light control and wireless control lockout?

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes it has several pins available, notably digital 4, 5, and analog A0. Digital 4 and 5 are also the default i2C pins (i.e. SDA, SCL). You can use them to add a second distance sensor, or any I2C device.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Pins for additional remote distance sensor?