Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sonyxperiageek 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

psmedley
    Participant

Hi again,

See: https://community.openhab.org/t/new-binding-opengarage-controller/78750 for the openhab forums post.

I’ll try and add channels for vehicle detection over the weekend – I don’t use this as we have a 2-car garage with a single door, so I have the opengarage centrally mounted. I guess I could move it over above one of the cars for testing purposes.

For the temperature readings – this is only supported if there is an external temperature probe connected to the controller. Perhaps I’ll order one just for testing reasons.

Cheers,

Paul

sonyxperiageek
    Participant

Thanks Paul! Yeah, temperature readings not a massive biggie for me. Main thing is the distance sensor, vehicle detection and that it can open/close garage. 🙂

psmedley
    Participant

Hi again – can you try http://smedley.id.au/tmp/org.openhab.binding.opengarage-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Pretty sure you’ll need to delete your Opengarage ‘thing’ and re-add it to show the new Item.

It will report:
    “No vehicle detected”
    “Vehicle detected”
    “Vehicle Status Unknown”

Depending on the value from the controller.

Cheers,

Paul.

sonyxperiageek
    Participant

Overwrote the previous JAR and added new item in and voila! “Vehicle detected” is showing on my sitemap! It’s late night here in NZ now so will move the car tomorrow to see if vehicle status changes.

So far so good!

sonyxperiageek
    Participant

Just thinking out loud here, would it be possible to maybe show the “Last time garage door opened” and “Last time garage door closed”?

psmedley
    Participant

Hi, something like this would definitely be possible. Are you thinking two separate channels/items, or one with the latest action (opened or closed)?

sonyxperiageek
    Participant

I think one channel with the latest action (open/closed at [date time]) is sufficient, unless you may be thinking of something else too?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.