OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware OpenGarage Firmware 1.2.0 officially released

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Keymaster

Following my previous post (https://opengarage.io/forums/topic/firmware-1-2-0-pre-release-supports-both-blynk-and-otc/) the firmware 1.2.0 has been officially released as of today. The dev-1.2.0 branch has been merged into the master branch. Both user manual and API document have been updated to reflect the new changes in firmware 1.2.0. I’ve also made a new video briefly going through the new changes (as the last OpenGarage video was made 6 years ago, time really flies…). If part of the video that explains how to obtain cloud tokens and use cloud tokens are here:

Because this is the first time OTC is used in production firmware, we expect some technical issues in the beginning, and hopefully we will iron them out quickly if they arise. Probably the biggest challenge is the response speed — I’ve personally witnessed some timeouts happen with my own test device, but it generally recovers after a while, and my test devices have been monitored for more than a week now, it seems everything is stable other than the occasional timeouts. Reliability is always a tricky issue. I guess we will see how it behaves when it’s used more extensively. If problems occur, we appreciate your patience. Thanks.

blaser
    Participant

Thanks, installation and configuration of OTC was simple and easy, works with the app.

blaser
    Participant

I just have a question
    When I log in to the device page on my network choosing OTC gives the server as ws.cloud.openthings.io and port 80.
    is the connection secure or something is wrong?

CuriousG
    Participant

I’m running firmware 1.2.1. I’m confused as to whether or not we can use Blynk AND OTC simultaneously. I have Blynk setup and working fine with notifications but when I tried to setup by filling in the token, it would overwrite the Blynk side token and vice versa. I’d rather have notifications than be able to remotely access my logs remotely, if this is how it’s supposed to work by design. Or is this a bug in the configuration page?

Ray
    Keymaster

You can NOT use both at the same time. It should be obvious because the selection of Blynk and OTC are through a radio button so you can only select one of them. It’s by design. If you prefer OTC but want notification, you can use IFTTT notification.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Ray.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware OpenGarage Firmware 1.2.0 officially released