February 2, 2021 at 11:15 am #2391
We are getting ready to release OpenGarage firmware 1.1.2. Currently it’s in the dev-1.1.2 branch of the OpenGarage github:
This firmware mainly addresses a number of issues and pull requests from the github repository. Here is a list of changes:
– update ESP8266 core library to the latest version 2.7.4; update MQTT library to the latest version 2.8 to support authentication.
– fix buzzer issue with core 2.7.4
– a number of new options have been added, as detailed below:
– new option to allow using both the built-in distance sensor and external switch sensor (optional), and logic to choose which sensor(s) determine the door status
– new options for MQTT: including support for MQTT user name / password, customizing MQTT port, and topic; fix issue that requires MQTT server url to be more than 8 chars long
– added /OUT/JSON topic that publishes more controller data to MQTT (such as distance value, switch sensor value, temperature/humidity values if such sensor is installed)
– new options for customizing NTP server, Host name.
– new sensor filtering method to provide alternative noise handling method
– sends temperature/humidity values (if such sensor is installed) to Blynk (through virtual pins V6 and V7); the Blynk app has been updated to record these values in histogram.
– fixed issues such as device key not uri encoded
– updated user manual and API document to match firmware 1.1.2. Please check them out at:
If you are upgrading from firmware 1.1.1, the settings should be preserved over firmware update; if you are updating from earlier firmware, the settings may be lost (and the controller will recover to WiFi AP mode) because the flash memory layout from earlier firmwares may be different from firmware 1.1.2. In any case, it would be a good idea to take screenshots of your settings before updating firmware.
Again, the documents for firmware 1.1.2 are in the dev-1.1.2 branch:
Please feel free to leave comments / suggestions / bug reports here. Thanks!February 11, 2021 at 9:38 am #2392
Are there any plans for Google Home integration so we can open/close/check status of garage through GH?March 1, 2021 at 1:55 pm #2394
Updated both of my units to this firmware and no obvious issues with it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.