OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App OpenGarage disappeared from Blynk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

isisdave
    Participant

So I got OG installed and left for Europe. It was working pretty well. I had to shut off notifications in the Android App Manager, and even then I got a vibration alert, but no actual notification text, every time the door opened or closed.

About a month later, I opened Blynk on my phone one day, and the OG project was gone. I don’t know if Blynk auto-updated and lost it, or what. I re-scanned the QR code and got it back, but I am pretty sure that it generated a new token, and I’m of course not connected to my hardware.

There isn’t anyone at home who can help me at that end, or even climb a ladder to restart the hardware. Is there any way I can get this going again remotely? I do have a copy of the original token … any way to tell the app to use it instead?

Or, I might be able to remote-desktop to a computer at home and access the router. If I port-forward to the OG (it has a static IP) I guess I could use its web access. That’s not very useful, but I could then load it with the new token. Can I restart the hardware remotely?

Thanks.

Ray
    Keymaster

You can set up port forward and access OG remotely. That way you can change the token. I don’t really know why the project disappeared from your Blynk account. Could it be possible that you logged into a different account?

Yes you can reboot the device remotely, that is, if you can set up port forward to access it remotely. The reboot button is on the homepage I believe.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Ray.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App OpenGarage disappeared from Blynk