Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

siri
    Participant

Opengarage App is much better than Blync. I also think Blync is running a scam with extra energy request when the dam things go down. I now use Opengarage app for the garage door and this app works fine with the apple watch as well.
    Only drawback of this app is two buttons at bottom does not work and also with iOS, Add photo does not work since it goes to photo but do nothing.

Could you pls. add distance indicator so that we know if the door is open or not?

So far I use your app for door open and close activation. But I have to go back to Blync to see if the door is open or not since they have distance reading from the ultra sonic device.

Thanks for the great product but I really hate Blync since it is a terrible product and extortion app…

Ray
    Keymaster

We are working on our own cloud support so that in the future we can bypass Blynk and use our own service. Blynk has worked well in the past. Pretty much the only reason to use Blynk is its cloud access feature, and it was fairly easy to use. But their frequent updates sometimes introduce bugs that are unexpected.

We will surely add the distance reading to the OpenGarage app.

Samer
    Keymaster

The camera issue is know and should be fixed in the next update. I will look into the buttons not working as well
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siri
    Participant

I am afraid, Blync app is always off line and does not see my local ip, even though I can get to the controller via the browser ..

Any idea how to get Blync back to recognise the controller..

I got this fixed,
    Seen photos at firmware forum and tks for this since it would have been helpful if we had this settings photos at the begining.

Even after photo settings done, Blync would not sync to wifi but after reboot it worked fine..
    Never had the lcd from the day one and now I have this and nice to see the IP address with out scanning my home network via the scanner..

Either way, I am getting sick of this Blync app and hope OG release the app with cloud backup and happy to pay for the people who design the board in the first place rather than getting scammed by Blync that has a elaborate scam to get their revenue top up when things goes off line.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by siri.

Ray
    Keymaster

We are getting close to get our own cloud proxy working and put it to real use. It seems this is a good time to part ways with Blynk as it has started becoming a liability for us…

siri
    Participant

After iOS update 3 days ago, I got a strange problem with your app..
    Blync is ok but OG App can open and close but all others are stuck.
    Cannot get into, settings, history since it start to scan saying “One moment please” but thats it since it is stuck on that message.
    I deleted the app and installed again and could log in and after that same issues.
    Location control and manage controllers are fine and working.

Strange issue is open and close work but some how it is behaving as it cannot see the local or mobile network.

iPhone 6(128G), V 10.2.1 (14D27)

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, I will send a note to Samer to investigate this issue.

siri
    Participant

After so many Blync updates some how that app is now stable… But Opengarage App is gone Kaput and worst is Opengarage Apple watch was gone dead.. It does not even open it when you touch the App button on the watch.(2nd gen watch).

As a R&D Director running million doer products design and development, I find lack of response from Ray and Sameer is very disturbing.
    Guys, if you are tech savvy people, make sure to support your own f*(*&^&%&^) products. If not go and work in fast food restaurants.

Samer
    Keymaster

Apologies for the delay in replying to this thread. As you might be aware I am undergoing my residency in Pathology and currently preparing for my board examinations.

With that said, Blynk had a change in their API which required a change in the call the app is making to query the Blynk API for the status of the device. This causes the app not to update correctly. This has already been fixed and pending a push to the app store.

The main reason the above mentioned fix hasn’t been pushed is due to the Apple Watch issues. I have been working on the watch issues in an effort to update the app and maintain the watch support. After reading your post however I am thinking I should push a release ASAP even if it strips the watch support. Ideally, watch support would return after more time and research goes into resolving the watch issues aforementioned.

If you agree cutting watch support in favor of resolving the current app issues, I am able to push an update this weekend.

Thank you for your understanding,
    Samer

siri
    Participant

Samer, It is better to get the critical features working first and then you can get watch etc.. working later. I thought watch feature was a great achievement since it was so convenient.
    BTW, yesterday OG app got settings working again with history but main button does not work for open and close.
    Also yesterday Blynk app went off line permanently and cannot get the local IP of the device. I have done a hard reset, remove blank and re install no luck.
    I can open and close via the browser and this indicate all wifi and hardware of the device working perfectly except OG app and now Blynk gone kaput. Blynk acct is ok.

siri
    Participant

Blynk issue is fixed, details on Blynk not connecting lines

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.