OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions OG not operating Overhead Door Odessey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

williams2353
    Participant

I have installed OG and registered with Blynk. The door opener is an Overhead Door, Model Odessey 1000. The door (and car) sensing functions are working fine, but OG will not open or close the door.

I have connected the red/white wires to the same two terminals that are used by the wall switch, labeled “BWC” in the attached sketch. When I press the button in the Blynk app, the OG beeps 5 times, and then I hear a click from it, but the door does not move.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Tom Williams

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ray
    Keymaster

I’ve responded to your through support ticket. Here is what I said:

There are a few things to check:
    1. Does your garage door system have an antenna or a ‘Program’ or ‘Learn’ button? If so, what’s the color of the antenna or button? Systems that have a yellow antenna or learn button needs to use a Security+ 2.0 adapter, because of the crypto chip that’s built-in to these systems.

2. Do a simple test to short test on the BWC terminal: specifically, keep the wires in the BWC terminals, and at the other end of the two wires, short them for a second or two. This should trigger the garage door to open or close (except Security+ 2.0 systems, as explained above). If this works, then the problem is likely to be the orange terminal block on OpenGarage, which may have a connection issue. If the short test doesn’t work, that means your garage door system has built-in crypto, and an adapter will be needed for OpenGarage to interface with it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions OG not operating Overhead Door Odessey