OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions New Install / Door Won’t Open or Close

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

emce
    Participant

Hello, I just installed a new unit which came with firmware 1.1.1. I have it all setup on the network and am able to see when the door is open or closed successfully. Unfortunately, it doesn’t open or close the door from the web app or Blynk.

When I installed and wired it up, I removed the wires from the wall button, wrapped the unit’s wires around the wires from the wall button, and then reinserted into the garage door opener. The wall unit does work so there is a connection there.

The garage door opener has a purple learn button and purple antenna wire, so I’m assuming this isn’t one of the 2.0+ units.

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks!
    -Mike

emce
    Participant

Update – it randomly just opened roughly 20 minutes after I last pressed the “open” button on the web app.

emce
    Participant

Additionally, after pressing the button a few more times, it did eventually close. I’m noticing things seem generally _very_ slow and also of note the Log isn’t recording anything.

emce
    Participant

And another update… turns out it was the MQTT server settings totally throttling the CPU. I disabled that and it’s working at normal speed now, and opening/closing when instructed. Note: for MQTT anonymous access needs to be enabled on the broker to keep the opengarage from going crazy.

Only remaining issue – it now randomly “sees” something about 30cm away from it and thinks the door is open. This is usually for no longer than 30 seconds or so. There’s nothing even close to the unit assuming the door is closed and there’s no vehicle inside so I’m not sure what’s it’s picking up yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions New Install / Door Won’t Open or Close