OpenGarage Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests log events size limit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jagos
    Participant

The current solution to the log of events getting too large is to reset it to empty manually. This means that the only way to reduce the size is to also give up recent entries.

I think a better solution would be to provide a user defined size limit on the log page. Once the log reaches the limit, a new entry would delete the oldest entry as well. This method would retain the most recent N entries where N is a user chosen number. An empty value for N would indicate no limit. 10 might be a good initial default.

This is by no means a critical issue but would be appreciated in some future release. Thanks for the consideration.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by jagos.

Ray
    Keymaster

No, you don’t have to empty the log events: it’s set to the most recent 200 records, and when it’s full it overwrites the oldest record, so it’s on a rotating basis.

jagos
    Participant

Ok, I did not see than anywhere in the documentation. So it already does what I want except with a fixed size much larger than I would want. It still would be nice to have the size be user settable.

jagos
    Participant

Ray, I just upgraded firmware to 1.0.9. Thanks for adding the log size setting. I have set it to 20 but haven’t opened and closed the door enough yet to even reach that limit.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by jagos.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests log events size limit