OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware LED meaning?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

emann
    Participant

I’m having an issue where every few days, my OG device webpage stops responding (power cycling brings it back)

It seems that I am still getting MQTT updates though and the log of door openings/closing keeps getting updated.

While trying to debug this, I noticed the LEDs flashing on my OG and can’t remember “did it used to do that?”

I can’t seem to find in any documentation a definition of what the LEDs should be doing.

I get a steady blue LED for a few seconds then it quickly goes off while the green flashes on for < 1 sec, then the blue goes on again and the green off. This repeats indefinitely. with the blue on for a few seconds then the green on for < 1 sec.

Looking at the code, I think the Blue LED is PIN_LED which the OG uses to flash info, while the Green LED is PIN_BUTTON so OG should never flash that.

Am I reading that correct?

Thanks,
    Ed

FW ver 1.08 (waiting to fix this issue before updating to 1.09)

Ray
    Keymaster

When the controller is in AP mode, the LED flashes very rapidly (2-4Hz). When it’s trying to connect but not connected yet, it flashes more slowly (0.5 to 1Hz). If it has connected to a WiFi before and lost connection, it will try to re-establish connection, so if you see a slow flashing pattern, it means it lost connection and is trying to re-connect. It could be due to WiFi signal strength is weak.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware LED meaning?