OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App iOS app – Invalid Blink Token

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have OpenGarage working using the web interface and it also works using the Blynk app.

I am trying to set it up on the iOS app. If I add the controller using the local IP address it works; only whilst I’m on the local network as expected.

However when adding the controller using the Blynk token (which is the same one I entered in the OpenGarage web interface) I am getting the following errors:

Invalid Blynk token
    Unable to find device. Please verify the IP/password and try again

Anyone has any idea what I can do to make it work please?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by . Reason: added more information

Nicolareina
    Participant

Same over here on android

Ray
    Keymaster

Sorry about the issue. We are looking into it right away and will report back.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Has any progress been reported on this please?

Ray
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce this issue: I just tried the OpenGarage app on my Google pixel 2, an iPhone X, and an iPad 2. Adding controller using Blynk token worked fine on all three of them. What device did you use, and what iOS version?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am trying on an iPhone 6s running iOS 12.1.4. I just downloaded the app and tried to add the Blynk token. I took a screen recording which I’m attaching here. Let me know if I can gather any logs from the phone.

The screen recording skips the part where I am pasting the Blynk token for obvious reasons.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ray
    Keymaster

Well, the problem is that without seeing the token you pasted, it’s hard to tell whether you pasted the correct token or maybe it was wrong. Try this token:
    f7e0aeff238446cfbfc07ddbbc1e547c
    it’s not actually hooked up to any real OpenGarage so is good for testing purpose. I just tried it on my android phone and there is no problem with this token.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The token actually works.

So I went ahead and I deleted my Blynk project and created a new one. The token of the new project is fd07a0dd3d684a3687474741efa225da; which does not work with OpenGarage app.

I created the project using the QRCode here: https://github.com/OpenGarage/OpenGarage-Firmware/blob/master/OGBlynkApp/og_blynk_1.1.png

EDIT BELOW
    Strangely enough calling the API on my new token works. So http://blynk-cloud.com/fd07a0dd3d684a3687474741efa225da/get/v3 gives me a value.

Calling the same API on the token provided http://blynk-cloud.com/f7e0aeff238446cfbfc07ddbbc1e547c/get/v3 in the previous post gives me “Invalid Token” response.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by .

Ray
    Keymaster

I am confused by the last part of your message: it looks like calling the API on the token I gave you worked (gave a value), and calling it on the token you created returned invalid token (what you said was the reverse). I really don’t know why this is happening, as I scanned the same QR code. I think this is a blynk token problem and not a problem of the OpenGarage app. Did you happen to delete the project after you created it? Note that once if the project is deleted or you refresh the token the old one will be invalid. The other thing is to make sure you have the latest version of the Blynk app. In any case, this seems not an issue of the OpenGarage app.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Ray.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The API returned a valid response when called on the new token I created (fd…).

When the API was called on the token you provided earlier (f7…) it returned an invalid response.

Ray
    Keymaster

Huh? I just clicked on the two links you posted, the first one (what you created) returns invalid, the second one (what I created) returns a value of 62. I don’t understand how we are observing completely opposite outcomes.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Ray.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now that’s strange. Refer to attached screenshots.

I have now deleted the project so both are returning invalid for me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ray
    Keymaster

What browser are you using? I don’t recognize from its interface. In any case, I’ve asked others to check the links too and they observe the same as I did. So I can’t reproduce this issue on my side.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App iOS app – Invalid Blink Token