OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware I might bricked my OpenGarage?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ray 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

fishy
    Participant

Today I updated the firmware (it’s 1.0.9 with 2 of my patches built from https://github.com/fishy/OpenGarage-Firmware/commits/81b0d2159abe76a063cbc0bc88979f95944fdc61, I used the same patches on top of 1.0.8 for a few months without a problem). It worked for a hour or so, then my home internet connection was down. After I rebooted the router I no longer see OG connected to the router.

After I removed OG from the garage and put it near my computer, I noticed:

1. When plugin the USB power cable, the light flashed blue for once then off (no beep, not connected to the wifi)
    2. I tried to put it into bootloading mode, by put the micro usb cable into OpenGarage, holding the button, then plug the USB end of the cable to the computer. When I plugged the USB end of the cable to the computer the light flashed blue once then off, no beep either, and I can’t find the USB device on my computer (Mac).

Is there anything else I can try at this point to revive it?

Ray
    Keymaster

The flashing blue light: is it relatively high frequency (like more than 2-3 times a second) or relatively low frequency (like once per second)?

You can perform a factory reset: when the device is powered on, press and hold the button for 10 seconds, then release. It should recovery to factory reset.

fishy
    Participant

It’s showing blue light exactly once, not flashing/blinking. This happens to both normal power on and my attempt to power on to booatloading mode.

Ray
    Keymaster

Does pressing the button for 10 seconds recover it to factory default? If not, you may have to send it back to us for reflashing firmware through USB. I don’t think the chip is bricked — the bootloader is very robust that unless if the chip is physically damaged it’s almost not possible to brick it. The only thing is that the current version of OpenGarage no longer has built-in USB-serial chip, so if for whatever reason the OTA update doesn’t work, you will need to send it back to us as we have a special programmer to plug into the board to program it. You can also use your own USB-serial cable/adapter but it requires a bit of soldering.

fishy
    Participant

Holding the button for 10 seconds doesn’t work. OG isn’t connected to my wifi router and I can’t find an OG_ prefix AP in my phone’s wifi, so I guess it’s broken.

Ray
    Keymaster

As I said, it’s very unlikely it’s bricked — the firmware you uploaded probably had a problem which caused it to not respond. But the chip can still be reprogrammed I am pretty sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware I might bricked my OpenGarage?