OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App How do I reconnect after setup

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I connected the garage opener successfully and opened it on my Wi-Fi on my PC to where I can adjust everything. What I want to know is once I close my browser how do I get back on the settings page to the garage opener in case I need to change something

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by .

Ray
    Keymaster

You need to know the IP address of your OpenGarage and just type in that IP address in a browser to access the homepage (and options page too). If you don’t know the IP address, you can find out on your router’s configuration page, or you can use a thin screwdriver to press the button on OpenGarage for 3 seconds and release, it uses audible sound to inform you the IP address, as described in the user manual:
    https://github.com/OpenGarage/OpenGarage-Firmware/raw/master/docs/OGManual.pdf

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you! One more thing, I’m confused about the auto close and the form of time it’s set up with. I’m in eastern time and let’s say I left my door open and I wanted it to auto close at 3am. What number do I put in the settings?

Thanks…

Ray
    Keymaster

Because the controller doesn’t record or ask for your time zone, the time set there must be GMT+0 (Greenwich) time. For example, if you want it to be closed at 3am your local time, just figure out what GMT+0 time that is, and use that time in the settings. As an example, I am in eastern time zone (GMT-5). So when it’s 3am here, it’s 8am GMT+0. Hope this makes sense.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m eastern also… So what number do I put in the box? 8? Is it like military time for GMT+0

Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

As I said, if you want the auto-close to trigger at 3am your time zone, then yes, put 8 in that box. Military time is only relevant if this is a time in the afternoon. Since 8am is in the morning, it’s 8 either way.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Ray.

jagos
    Participant

I understand GMT+0 time. Of course, that means you need to adjust for daylight savings time twice a year. No biggy.

Still not clear on the input field format. If I want it to close at 5:30pm EST (-5), then that would be 22:30 GMT+0 so do I put in 22:30 or 2230 or what?

Ray
    Keymaster

I think the firmware currently only supports full hours — you can only set it to 22 or 23, it doesn’t support granularity of minutes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App How do I reconnect after setup