OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Home assistant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

arcik100
    Participant

I just install home assistant on raspberry pi.how to setup open garage.any guide step by step ?

timnunes
    Participant

Home Assistant documentation

Follow the instructions there. Once set up, Home Assistant talks directly to your device (s) over WiFi.

apop
    Participant

You can also integrate OpenGarage with Home Assistant using MQTT. I’ve switched to going this route because then OpenGarage is pushing updates to Home Assistant, rather than Home Assistant having to poll the OpenGarage unit with HTTP requests for updates.

Arcik100, let me know if you want more information on this option.

fib38EW
    Participant

I have just swapped from using HomeBridge to Home Assistant, but can’t get HA to recognise my OpenGarage unit. I have read the documentation referred to above, but still can’t get it to work. My configuration.yaml is as follows …

`

cover:
      - platform: brunt
        username: !secret brunt_user
        password: !secret brunt_pw

- platform: group
        name: Office Blinds
        entities:
          - cover.e
          - cover.n
          - cover.s

- platform: opengarage
        garage:
          host: 192.168.2.80
          device_key: !secret opengarage
          name: Garage Door

`

I have tried all sorts of variations of indentations etc, but no luck. No Device and no Entity ever appears. Can anyone see where I have gone wrong?

TIA

fokcuk
    Participant

Hello
    Anyone managed to get it to work with HA?

4217garage
    Participant

I’m using it with HA. What issue are you having?

fokcuk
    Participant

Which was is a quicker update on the state of the door? Via API (dependent on the polling setting both in HA and OpenGarage) or MQTT?
    Was caught out with the garage closing on me as Home Assistant kicked off the “open garage when I am home” automation while I was already inside and the garage door already opened with a remote. Must have been in between the poll intervals, so HA/OG still did not know that garage opened.
    Also have a question about the reed switch – if I add it, and latest firmware check for both distance and switch, does it have a delay on reed polling or its instant?

4217garage
    Participant

I’m not using any automations with it, but I am using a card on my dashboard to open/close as needed.

4217garage
    Participant

FYI, Home Assistant now has OpenGarage as an integration now and doesn’t require editing the config manually, which is nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Home assistant