OpenGarage Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Get OG mobile Apple app approved for carplay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

insight3fl
    Participant

Admin,

I believe if you were to get the IOS app approved for apple carplay so we could use the interface on our vehicle screen when our phone is connected, you would sell a million of your OG devices. Such a simple and robust tool if it were integrated into our vehicle interface.

Love it anyway even though I have to log into the app every time I want to open or close the door when I return home

Ray
    Keymaster

I am not familiar with apple carplay or what the approval process is like. Any directions for information?

jessejackson
    Participant

I’ve set up my OpenGarage with homebridge running on a Raspberry Pi, which means I can say “Hey Siri, open/close the garage”. I reckon this is just as good as a dedicated app, which would have the problem of not really working well outside your wifi network (without needing to poke holes in your routers firewall).

insight3fl
    Participant

Here is the link for developers for CarPlay

https://developer.apple.com/carplay/

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Get OG mobile Apple app approved for carplay