OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions Garage door doesnt open

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jenakap
    Participant

I am trying to get opengarage installed. I have the wire going from the device to my garage door opener. Connected it to the same location as where the wire from my wall mounted garage door switch is connected. However, when I try to open the door via the web or mobile – the device beeps but ultimately nothing opens. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

jenakap
    Participant

Attached is a picture of the wire coming from OpenGarage going into the same location as the wire from my wall switch. Not sure why its not working. I have two units for 2 doors – both are not working right now. I also have a distance sensor issue but that looks like a separate one. I want to try and get the door working first.

Ray
    Keymaster

What type of garage door system do you have? Maybe you need the security+ 2.0 adapter — this is required if your system comes with a yellow antenna or yellow learn button.

jenakap
    Participant

Oh. I didn’t realize that. Yes, both my garage door openers have a yellow antenna and learn button. How can I order just the security module for 2 units?

Ray
    Keymaster

You can order the adapter separately here:

Security+ 2.0 Adapter for OpenGarage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions Garage door doesnt open