OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App Does the custom Blynk server at blynk.openthings.io support multiple devices?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by kc3.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kc3
    Participant

Back when I bought my OpenGarage and OpenSprinkler over two years ago, I only installed the first OpenGarage on the door we use most often. However, I would now like to get the second one going. 6-9 months ago when Blynk killed off their Legacy app I migrated to the OpenThings custom Blynk server at blynk.openthings.io for my first OpenGarage. It’s been working fine since then (although I have noticed that notifications are often delayed — I’m not sure if there is a fix for that, I’m on Android 13). Back before Blynk killed off the Legacy app, I remember reading something about the second garage door not being free. However, with that app now unsupported, I doubt it’s even possible to buy a second door for it. Does a second OpenGarage work with the custom Blynk server (or is there a way to make it work)? I have searched around and I haven’t been able to find any directions/info about this. Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

You can set up to 10 OpenGarage devices in the same account. There is no charge.

kc3
    Participant

Ray, that sounds terrific! Thank you for the info!

kc3
    Participant

Hi Ray,

Sorry for the late follow up, but I just got around to trying to get this to work. The second OpenGarage is up and working as far as the local web interface goes. I’m trying to add it to the legacy blink app… I have tried a bunch of things but I’m not finding anything that seems to work. Are there instructions on how to get the second OpenGarage working in legacy blink? Thank you!

kc3
    Participant

I finally figured it out. I kept trying to use the “OpenThings Blynk Token” on the “My OpenThings Blynk Devices” page at https://openthings.io/my-account/blynkdevices/ to put into the Integration tab on the local web page. I finally realized I needed to go into the Blynk project and get the key there (click the square icon in the upper right to stop running the project, click on the “nut/bolt” icon and click “Email all” to email the key to myself, and then put that key/token into the Integration tab on the local web page).

I wasn’t seeing where the steps were spelled out for this. If they don’t exist, I wouldn’t mind typing something up that could be posted to help others find the solution. Let me know if that would be helpful (or if it’s already there and I just didn’t find it).

Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App Does the custom Blynk server at blynk.openthings.io support multiple devices?