OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions Box ip68 trasparent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

italoc
    Participant

If I put opengarage in a ip68 box with trasparent cover, can works or recognize the cover like an obstacle?

I’m trying to use this product outdoor…

lawrence_jeff
    Participant

That will not work, the distance sensor is ultrasonic (sound based) so any obstruction to sound will cause invalid readings. If you are DIY’able I have a customized firmware that supports switch or magnetic based sensors instead of the onboard ultrasonic which would make this doable, but I would not expect any official support on that configuration.

italoc
    Participant

your solution is very intresting… how it’s work your solution? which is the range of magnetic sensor?

my idea is to use opengarage on my external GATE anche put opengarege inside/near the motor and use it for know the status (open/closed) of my GATE

Can you help me?

thanks

italoc
    Participant

Can I use one of this magnetic sensor?
    http://salestores.com/secolarmsm4601.html#.WcY31XrOPmo

And connect this one to GPIO 4 and 5?

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

If you use a different sensor you will have to change the firmware to support that sensor. The ultrasonic distance sensor has a very particular way to read distance value, this is generally different from other sensors.

You can certainly drill a hole on the enclosure to expose the ultrasonic sensor. But I am worried that you mentioned you want to use it outdoors, so that probably won’t work as it’s not waterproof.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums Hardware Questions Box ip68 trasparent