OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Blynk not connecting

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

[email protected]
    Participant

So I am a novice I followed the directions sent with OG and can access the device via local network web, going directly to iP + port over LTE and iOS app over wifi. But for some reason the blynk app will not connect to my OG so I can not have remote access without web app. I copied and pasted the key. Any suggestions. I suspect it’s probably some setting on the router that’s blocking blynk but I honestly don’t know.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jasonzuno
    Participant

I have the same problem – Blynk app not connecting to my OG. Auth Token from Blynk is the same as the cloud token in OG. Any ideas?

Ray
    Keymaster

Make sure the ‘accessibility’ is set to ‘Local + Cloud’. Once you change the settings, make sure you reboot OpenGarage for the setting to be effective.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ray I have checked those settings and rebooted to no avail. But things have gotten weirder. If I have blynk running I get open and closed notifications but I can not tell it to open or close with the blynk app or remotely with the OpenGarage app.

I am running on an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.2

I am including screenshots to show that blynk is not updating and my settings for OG in the web app.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ray
    Keymaster

It appears that this is a bug with Blynk’s QR scan on iOS. Just received another report of the same issue. Here are the details:
    Apparently the problem is that the widgets have no associated pins, hence they are not getting any value. This seems to be an issue with Blynk’s QR code scan feature for ios, that is, after your scan, the associated pins for the widgets are lost. I just tried to scan the QR code again on my android phone and there was no problem at all.

I took screenshots of the pin assignment for each widget:
    https://goo.gl/photos/LgKTPh6VYedoinW96
    You can follow the screenshots to set up your pins (you need to first stop the project from running by clicking the square icon at the top-right corner. Then you can click on each widget to configure it, and finally click on the triangle icon to run the project again). Note that all pins are ‘Virtual pins’, not digital or analog pins. If you have trouble figuring it out, send a support ticket and we can configure it for you (but will have to know your login credentials).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Ray.

[email protected]
    Participant

Ray,
    Way to go! Fixed the issue immediately. You’re a champ! I have a lot to learn about IOT but this has been a big confidence boost. Love the product.

[email protected]
    Participant

So blynk is working flawlessly at this point but the actual iOS app will not work when on a cellular connection. Also will I need blynk on every device that has the iOS app. For example does my wife need blynk on hers or is it good just on my phone.

Ray
    Keymaster

Your wife can use the same Blynk login as yours and therefore will not need to create a separate account. Once logged in, you should see the same OG project.

siri
    Participant

Why didn’t you put the photo in the first place with your video? Would have save saved many freking hrs trying to get this working after Blync shutting it down with off line message and then extortion kicking on..
    I run huge R&D for a US tech company and I am very disappointed about documentation since hardware seems to be fine.

Ray
    Keymaster

@siri: put the photo of what in the first with the video? Did you mean the QR code? That’s already in the user manual. This is an open-source project, and we are a very small team with only 2 people. I am not sure what’s your expectation, but please be patient as we have limited resources.

siri
    Participant

Hi Ray, when you did the video, you did not create a Blync set up info which you published recently with 6 photos which I found to be very useful. Pls. add that set up pictures to the video.
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPFHAlTTHmpiL96sAFa5akGD3sTM0Uk87SOsOR4Yua7xU8D7tQl8BWoDutYkN7LgQ?key=U015NGlTbDQxSzJWLTY1SHYxT3BOQzhnR3dhRkpn

BTW, I have to mail QR code and opened it via the mac screen for scanning,then only it worked. It was fine and not a issue. Never seen IP screen with the QR code though and only when I saw the 4 set up photos I got that initiated.
    I have problem with your app after iOS upgrade.. I will explain that on app discussion.

Ray
    Keymaster

This QR code issue is only discovered recently, and it’s due to a bug in Blynk. The video was made a year ago so we couldn’t have anticipated this issue when making the video a year ago. Also, I emailed the Blynk team and they said they are working to fix this issue for the next iOS app update.

siri
    Participant

Ray, I got a major issue with Blynk from yesterday.
    Some how Blync app is not connecting to the device and saying device is off line… I can see the device from the web address and it is set to local IP+ cloud.
    I could get the garage door working via the web but not from the Blynk since all virtual pins are correct but it does not see the IP or does not show the IP on blank app… Any help?

siri
    Participant

This is fixed. I have gone through the Blynk cloud network connection and all the pin config on the Blynk.
    Issue is If OG is reset and Blynk is open on iOS, Blynk will not get a IP address from the OG. There seems to some funny code here and I suggest OG code to ping Blynk server with IP info every 15 min or have a push icon from the OG to Blynk via the browser.
    When I closed the Blynk on iOS and then reload the app it works and now IP address can be seen on the Blynk app.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Blynk not connecting