February 13, 2017 at 6:56 am #372
After assigning IP addresses using reserved IP addresses mapped to the devices MAC addresses (I have two devices) the devices worked really well. After a modem reboot however, the devices didn’t reconnect and stayed in a failed network state. Both devices needed physical rebooting (which wasn’t ideal as they were mounted on my garage ceiling, before networking corrected itself and devices connected again.
I would like to suggest that the device perform a check for network state and if there is a prolonged lack of network connectivity, ie an hour or so, that the device reboots. This would allow modem issues, power failures or other failure events to at least give the network a chance of automated recovery.
Thanks for your consideration.February 18, 2017 at 11:34 am #379
That’s a known issue with firmware 1.0.4. From 1.0.5 we have added capability for the device to re-connect once it detects the connection to router has lost. I need to add some descriptions in the user manual about how to update firmware, but here is a quick walk-through:
1. Download the new firmware from:
2. Open a browser and type in OG’s IP address. Then click on the ‘Update’ button at the bottom of the homepage.
3. Select the file you just downloaded, and type in device key (if you’ve never changed it, it should be opendoor by default).
4. Wait till the upload to complete. In some rare cases (due to WiFi signal quality) the upload may fail. In that case, just repeat the steps.February 19, 2017 at 5:03 am #385
Thank you for responding. My OG’s are both very new and both were and are already using 1.0.5 firmware. I haven’t upgraded them since they arrived. I assume that the issue remains in this firmware version.
MichaelFebruary 23, 2017 at 11:31 pm #403
OK, it may be that the released bin does not contain this last minute change. I will check and update this weekend.February 23, 2017 at 11:58 pm #404
Thanks RayMarch 22, 2017 at 6:53 pm #413
Has this been addressed yet?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.