OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App Android application works on one phone not the other

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

blaser
    Participant

I just received and installed the opengarage, work nicely on phone phone, I was able to add it and using the opengarage application I can control if from inside and outside the home network.

Now second phone, no luck, installed the application, on the local network I was able to add the controller but when disconnecting from local network I can not connect.
    Any ideas what I’m missing?

blaser
    Participant

After removing the app, adding it few times finally it started to work, I though this is a robust solution, maybe I was wrong?

Ray
    Keymaster

Remote control requires Blynk app. It sounds like you were trying to access it remotely with the built-in web interface, and that won’t work. It needs to be through the Blynk app.

blaser
    Participant

it doesn’t, if you search in the playstore there is application called opengarage, you can use that one.
    works fine on both of my phones.

Ray
    Keymaster

Ah, sorry, I probably mis-read your original message. What are the specs of the two phones, specifically what’s the phone model, version, and what’s the android version of each phone?

blaser
    Participant

LG G6 was the original phone with Android Ver 8.
    The second phone was LG G7 with Android Ver 8.

Ray
    Keymaster

Out of curiosity: could you try to install the Blynk app on the phone that doesn’t work, and log in (using the same Blynk account as the other phone), and see if you could remotely control the door using the Blynk app?

blaser
    Participant

I think you missed my second post, I was able to finally get it working.
    My wife has iphone she will try to install it soon, we’ll see if it works.

Ray
    Keymaster

Oops, sorry, missed that part too. Guess I should read posts more carefully 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Mobile and Web App Android application works on one phone not the other