May 14, 2020 at 12:23 am #2258
Thinking to get three OG’s to control two garage doors and one automatic gate in two different houses.
For the automatic gate, I will install the OG in a sealed box and using a magnetic proximity switch instead of the ultrasound.
1.Can the same app from multiple phones control the three OG’s independently, each with its own name, and allow to easily pick from multiple phones which one to open?
2. Same for the notifications, do they all come in each phone with the name of each OG ?
3. More generic question: can OG support an automatic gate that closes automatically on its own?
Thanks!May 14, 2020 at 12:29 am #2262
1. Yes, the same app can operate multiple OGs. If you use the Blynk app, you can scan the OpenGarage Blynk QR code three times to create three projects, and you can give each a different name so it’s easy to remember. If you use the OpenGarage mobile app, it also supports adding multiple controllers. In either case, you can switch between different controllers within the app.
2. Notification is only supported by the Blynk app — the notification message does include the device name, so as long as each device has a unique name (this can be configured on the controller’s settings page), then you can easily tell which notification is from which controller.
3. I am not sure what type of automatic gate you have, and also how you intend to use OpenGarage with it. You can think of OpenGarage as a WiFi-enabled door button — it can sense the door status, and you can trigger actions remotely. On top of that, you can enable automation so that it auto-closes the door if it senses the door is left open for longer than a specified threshold. If your automatic door already does the closing on its own, then you can just leave OpenGarage automation disabled so they won’t both try to control the door at the same time.May 18, 2020 at 5:21 pm #2263
Re: 3: my automatic gate is one of those villa/garden two sides heavy metal gates with hydraulic arms, and works like this: push N.O. button once (close contact for a few ms, 1 sec is also ok), sides of the gate open and continue open after you release the button; after 1-2 minutes they close on their own. if you press button again while they are closing, they stop and reopen again.
So I just want to make sure, can OG mimic just the open action for a few ms/1 sec and that’s it?
For the monitor, as the ultrasound would not work and OG is not waterproof, I would put it in an sealed box, and connect to it an external magnetic sensor that closes contact when the two sides of the gate are closed.Is this also possible?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.