OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc Reply To: Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc

CuriousG
Participant

I built me a secondary OpenGarage unit to see if I can replace it with my commercial one since I have issues with OTA updates. I’m using NodeMCU v2 8266 module and I can program your firmware just fine using ESP8266Flasher.exe. However, when I tried to include the graphics file at address 0x300000, the process would not proceed. I tried writing just the initial file and even tried including the firmware and the graphics to write and it would appear to not even start. I suppose I could try programming it with one of the other flashing utilities.

update:
So I just tried espytool.py and it says it programmed but it was much faster than using ESP8266Flasher.exe with bigger file. When I configured, it didn’t show any graphics through the webpage.

C:\Users\User\Downloads>esptool.py --port COM7 -b 230400 write_flash 0x300000 Gr
aphics-placeat00300000.bin
esptool.py v2.2
Connecting....
Detecting chip type... ESP8266
Chip is ESP8266EX
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Changing baud rate to 230400
Changed.
Configuring flash size...
Auto-detected Flash size: 4MB
Compressed 1028096 bytes to 6810...
Wrote 1028096 bytes (6810 compressed) at 0x00300000 in 0.3 seconds (effective 26
615.8 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.

Leaving...
Hard resetting...

update2:

So I was finally able to upload the SPIFFS data after compiling and selecting my correct device and using the sketch data upload option within Arduino. Initially I just tried to upload the sketch data with your compiled firmware and that didn’t work so I uploaded my compiled build then the SPIFFS afterwards. I also noticed that after the initial AP connection where it tells you your IP address, it either doesn’t reset or hard locks because I get no LED at all. I just unplug it from the USB and supply the voltage and it continues from where it should afterwards.

Since I am using a device with 4M (3M SPIFFS), the address is different for me.

[SPIFFS] upload : C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_877395/ogMainArduino.spiffs.bin
[SPIFFS] address: 0x100000
[SPIFFS] reset  : nodemcu
[SPIFFS] port   : COM7
[SPIFFS] speed  : 921600

Uploading 3125248 bytes from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_877395/ogMainArduino.spiffs.bin to flash at 0x00100000
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by CuriousG.