OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc Reply To: Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc

lawrence_jeff
Participant

I was thinking in terms of a single door garage with two cars but two garage doors would even be better.

I hadn’t thought of that but it makes sense, my high level thought was to reformat this so you can select what you want each of the 3 available inputs to do with the one tied to the integrated ultrasonic sensor limited to distance related options on the primary garage bay but the others could be mixed and matched
Something like:

What do you want the integrated ultrasonic to do:
Fixed at Bay 1 Only
* Ultrasonic Door State only (no vehicle proximity)
* Ultrasonic Door State plus limited vehicle occupancy (only when closed since the door blocks the sensor when up)
* Ultrasonic Vehicle Occupancy (Door state provided by other input)

What do you want Ext input 1 to do:
Select Bay 1 or Bay 2
* Ultrasonic Door State plus limited vehicle occupancy (only when closed since the door blocks the sensor when up)
* Switch Door State only (no vehicle proximity)
* Temperature
* Not Used

What do you want Ext input 2 to do:
Select Bay 1 or Bay 2
* Switch Door State only (no vehicle proximity)
* Temperature
* Not Used

That way if you have a stock device with no additions you could just configure as Bay1 door only or door plus basic vehicle state
If you wanted to improve that a bit you move the Ultrasonic so it can see the vehicle at all times and add a switch to Ext 1 – then set the integrated US as vehicle occupancy and the Ext1 as door state.. .want to add temp/humidity add that as Ext 2.

If you have 3 door with one car each you could set all 3 to Ultrasonic basic occupancy or Door only

I guess you could accomodate a multiple car per door scenario as well – it just starts to provide a lot of options.. if anyone has better ideas how to present these options feel free to reply