OpenGarage Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests OpenGarage integration Google Home – Door status? Reply To: OpenGarage integration Google Home – Door status?

Les
Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I found Google Home Helper but I don’t think it would integrate with Blynk.

So i started searching for a bridge (none exists), but I’ve looked through a few assistant tutorials and I think I could create one and happy to share if it works. The question becomes approach, hopefully you can shed some light here.

If I understand correctly Blynk has a public facing site with webhooks to allow for opening/closing the garage.
1. Is there a webhook to return status? If so what does it return open/closed,exact distance?
2. If there is no webhook, does the firmware monitor status and can it notify a service upon change? -i’m thinking a command to enter status into a google sheet: https://sheets.googleapis.com/v4/spreadsheets/spreadsheetId/values/range?valueInputOption=valueInputOption or probably better for mass use instead of individual would be to post to a google firebase