OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Compile OG failed looking for OpenGarage.h Reply To: Compile OG failed looking for OpenGarage.h

penright
Participant

I have an update. I thought about editing the my original post, after further thought I will leave it in case someone else makes the same mistakes.

As I suspected it was the directory tree. Since I am new to Github/Arduino/microcontroller world/C++/… Still building my skeleton little on starting to flesh it out.
So the 3 steps were 60,000 foot and assumed more than basic knowledge.
So when I found OpenGarage.h, then I had to figure out why IDE was not finding it. Found some examples on other sketch, moved the the OpenGarage folder into my ..\Arduino\libraries directory, then I got past that error and to the next one .

C:\Users\Bradmin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OpenGarage\main.cpp: In function ‘void on_sta_upload_fin()’:
    C:\Users\Bradmin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OpenGarage\main.cpp:533:12: error: ‘class UpdaterClass’ has no member named ‘reset’
    Update.reset();

So I found this read me in the Modification directory.

This folder contains modifications to files in other libraries. Copy these files to the corresponding folders to overwrite the existing files there, or make changes according to the description below.
* Updater.h: (under esp8266/x.x.x/cores/esp8266 folder)
Added a public reset function to allow OTA update to abort and reset upon error.

I can’t find the “exp8286” directory

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by penright.