OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc Reply To: Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc

CuriousG
Participant

It is the black enclosure. It was purchased 9/5/16 order #6607 if that helps. I do anticipate I will flash it further with Jeff’s firmware changes so if I can get the firmware to work OTA that would help immensely. I can’t be the only older OpenGarage user attempting to flash OTA. I’m open to compile changes to try if you’re so inclined to give me instructions.

Also the wording on this part is confusing from your compilation instructions:

Copy the OpenGarage library to your Arduino’s libraries folder. You also need to update a file in the ESP8266 core and Blynk library. See README.txt in the Modifications folder for details.

In the modifications folder it only makes reference to esp8266. Is that the only file that needs to be replaced or is there one in the Blynk directory also? The folder location is in %appdata%/Arduino15 for those using Windows. That was a hassle to find.