OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc Reply To: Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc

CuriousG
Participant

Thanks for all the changes you’ve incorporated. I have a request if it’s possible to implement. Since OTA web update doesn’t work for me, is it possible to simulate pressing the reset button down for half a second or second upon power so that the device goes into programming mode or some other means to go into programming mode without having to physically press the button? This way I can just use a stool to reach the USB cable and plug into the computer to reprogram rather than climb up on a ladder with the computer and awkwardly hold down the reset button while plugging in the USB cable.

Second you may consider this a bug or oversight. I have the speaker turned off in the settings but your quick beep on status change is not honoring the speaker setting. I don’t mind this short beep at all and the only reason I turned off the speaker was I didn’t like the sounds coming from the original firmware. So you may want an option for the quick beeps to continue as an option (my choice) or honor the speaker settings.

Forgot to mention that Blynk notifications for Android seems to be broken again. It only works for me if the program is running in the foreground. I installed it on an Android tablet in addition to a Nexus 5X that is running Oreo and neither gets notifications. That isn’t your problem but I just want confirmation if it is working for anyone else since the last Blynk update like 3 days ago. On iOS I get all the notifications.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by CuriousG.