OpenGarage Forums OpenGarage Firmware Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc Reply To: Fork with MQTT, Magnetic Sensor support ,Close if left open at night – misc

lawrence_jeff
Participant

Gotcha- From seeing people ask in the forums and looking at the code, in 1.0.6 the notify on change was moved into the function that handles the notify if leave it open for X minutes, so unless you had one of those options selected (notify or auto-close) the notifications aren’t sent. I made it worse by completely turning these off in the version you originally tested, now the behavior is returned to what 1.0.6 stock does where one of those has to be selected for these to be triggered. So either in Stock 1.0.6 or my 1.0.6 you can get them back as long as you select the notify me when left open (or auto-close). Its on my list to expose this separately as co-mingling two unrelated settings doesn’t seem ideal.

Honestly – the main benefits to mine are the MQTT support, support for a magnetic door sensor (for DIY implementations) and improvements to the web based experience. Unless these are of interest you might not get much beyond the stock 1.0.6, especially if you are primarily using the mobile app.
But if you are the experimental type feel free to give it a shot, I’m happy to fix anything else you catch.